12.03.2014

Thanksgiving Week

Piper was out of school for Thanksgiving Break an entire week this year!  I enjoyed breaking from the schedule and relaxing.  But I did feel like "Ahhh--what are we going to do to occupy our time!"  It ended up being a good week with some special bonding with the kids before baby arrives.  There was a little more sibling arguments than I care for but nonetheless, it was a good week!  

Shortly before the break began, I rewarded Piper with ice cream at Sweet Firely because she scored a 100 on her math test for the first time ever!  We have been working hard on math!  So proud of her. Also, the beginning of our break we celebrated Piper learning five verses in Proverbs during the month of October by getting donuts!  I didn't get a picture of this!  She worked really hard and had to miss out on the church donut party so that was a fun way to start our break!  We like food rewards around here!
 I took the kids to the Dallas Zoo on Wednesday of Thanksgiving.  My parents have gifted us with this membership for two years and we really enjoy it.  However, the day I decide to take the kids is also the day they did Dollar Days for the entire city!  So it was crowded!  So silly to go on that day but I had no idea!  The kids enjoyed it and the weather was beautiful!
We also enjoyed the Perot museum on another day of our break!  Daddy was able to join us too!
 Thanksgiving morning was relaxing!  Michael and I were thankful to relax a bit!  But the kids got a little stir crazy so Michael and Piper biked to the neighborhood park and Briggs and I walked.  It was a beautiful morning!
 We fed the ducks and walked the trails!  This area of our neighborhood is a little gem!

 In the afternoon, we went to Grandma & Grandpa's house to eat some turkey!  It was yummy and low key!  Just perfect!
 Our cousin, Jonah, came over for a little bit and the kids were excited about that!  They talked him into watching Mike the Knight with them at the bar!
And, I just love this photo of Piper.  She has such a beautiful smile and beautiful eyes!  And is a sweetheart not to mention!  

No comments: